Monday, January 7, 2008

New Holy Order

I have this idea for a new Holy Order for ordained clergy women. To be honest, it's a small order, with no real book of discipline...just a promise to wear seasonally correct footwear in the pulpit while preaching or leading worship.
No annual dues because paying for the right color shoes should be enough!
But, think of the fun and the comments from our "folks" as our shoes match our paraments.
Interested? Then take this following vow:

I (insert your name here), a (insert your profession here) at (insert your congregation name, city, and denomination) do hereby vow that from henceforth I will wear seasonally, liturgically appropriate footwear while preaching or leading worship. I understand by doing so, I am joining The Holy Order of Clergy Chicks with Seasonally Liturgically Appropriate Footwear. No one will be checking on me, but photos posted to this blog would be acceptable proof of membership in this order. I will remain a member until such a time that I wish to disavow myself.

That's it! Welcome sisters of HOCCSLAF! I've started wearing liturgically seasonally appropriate footwear in my new congregation in the desert, and what a hoot! I get comments almost every week about loving my shoes.
Look, we're women in a man's job...but does that mean we have to stop being women? NO!
Shopping for shoes is fun, and dear sisters, our footwear is tax deductable (if you follow the IRS guidelines)!

Love to hear from you!
Clergy Chic

No comments: