Saturday, November 1, 2008

Back in robes

After taking the summer off (it's too hot in the desert to wear robes) we are back in robes! Wearing my red shoes last Sunday, looking forward to the white shoes tomorrow, I am thinking about what it means for the church for us to be back in robes.

Do robes cause a difference in people's behavior? I think that they do. There seems to be a level of distance when we have our robes on that is not there when we are in our street clothes. I am not too sure this is a bad thing...it's just different.

We confirmed our 9th grade students last Sunday. This Sunday we will be remembering those who have died by lighting candles in a cross-shaped stand. Life's circle...

Life goes on and now we are in robes. We're ok with distance, for summer comes once again!

No comments: