Thursday, July 16, 2009

Summer '09- Assembly and new shoes

It's HOT here in Phoenix and I am glad to be out of robes for this warm season. I always think of Pentecost as one of "those" times...when we get so much of who Jesus is and see how he was with people. Like in this weeks' text from Mark...compassionate, caring, healing, teaching, feeding Jesus who still stills storms!

Some women from church went to our Conference's prayer service for the upcoming ELCA Synod assembly. It was a great time to gather and to think of what is coming up...it may not be so chic! We have tough issues to deal with in Minneapolis.

But, Jesus the compassionate, caring, healing, teaching, feeding One will be with us. Thanks be to God!!!

On another side altogether....

Got new shoes...ones for working out and ones for wearing with summer dressier dresses. Fat feet and stylish shoes don't always go hand in hand; I am thankful for Otherwides Shoes and the internet!!

No comments: