I was at the maul yesterday (no this is not a mistake...my friend Steve K. put this on his own FB page...and I concur with the sentiment) shopping for Christmas gifts. I was at Macy's and was making my purchases at one of the many jewelry counters.
.
The young man who helped me was on his first day!
He was very kind, and so apologetic for being slow. I didn't mind a bit. I was there before 1pm and so my extra $10 discount was secured. We chatted while he scanned and put in the codes and he told me that everyone had been so nice to him as he learned the ropes.
I told him that he seemed very bright and that it would soon feel very familiar - all that he was doing.
He smiled and his eyes softened as he thanked me for my kind words.
How much effort did that take - on his part, or on mine? And yet, in the hassle of the season, we added a tiny bit to each other's Christmas peace.
I wish him well and I will look him up again, the next time I head to the maul.
'via Blog this'
No comments:
Post a Comment